Monday, August 16, 2010

reminiscing with strangers

Yesterday, I had a conversation with Laz about how I like to get to know people, how we become acquainted and closer. There are few things I enjoy better than a good conversation though I loath a good conversation repeated. This is primarily because a good conversation is spontaneous and a unique ricocheting of ideas and thoughts, expressions and memories. I don't like having a good conversation with someone and listening while they say the same things they said to me to someone else.**
There is no conversation I dislike greater than the great "Calvinism vs. Arminianism" debate. I have heard every argument ten times over and every possible rebuttal. If you want to get to know me, the is no greater flattery than when somebody learns my ways and my character. No greater compliment than when someone knows what my favorite sandwich is just because they see me order it frequently.*** I like that.

**p.s. I had this same conversation with Laz. I am a hypocrite
***This is no easy feat... because I like new things and (not necessarily abhor) try new things often

No comments:

Post a Comment