Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Why do betray my own interests?

Nobody really knows this at this point, but it's looking like each day my likelihood of returning next semester is slowly dwindling. My vision is slowly dwindling each day. I know that the type of person that likes to make himself vulnerable and ask for help, nor I am the person to offer my services if I do think they're wanted in any way shape or form. It's the reason I never joined the worship band in church--I showed up once but felt unwelcome and didn't go back again. Is this a manifestation of pride? I'm sure it is.

I don't know if there's a small part of me that doesn't want to fit in and thus I ostracize myself. I naturally make friends and become popular, so I act weird sometimes because I subconsciously want to drive people away from me? I don't know? It's so hard trying to psycho-analyze myself. Is it a lack of motivation that has caused me to allow opportunities to slip between my fingertips? Because only later do I realize that I may have wanted to participate in the program other people are getting accepted in. I don't know if there is a simple "do this" solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment